Wednesday, August 12, 2020

 A Mermaids Cry by Cyni Poeti copyright 8 / 12/ 2020

The discomfort rises within me as black sharp waves of night
Exposed , dangerous curves of ocean
The moon casts its blanket of the unknown over the water
Surfing emotions on the darkest of angry seas
Cruelty of life has me apathetic , almost fearless in its' betrayal
Except for the knowing that is tied around me like a screaming seaweed
In my caged body of metal and wire rests a damaged heart
A barbed wire likeness of him , his face piercing my last living organ
In the wounds of wavering nightfall liquid
My veins pump the red life for the sharks.
Awaiting the door of treasures to slam in my face
Drowning under emotions I can't feel
Swallowing the little fish that I am
Choking on the silence of separation
Orca splatters against a nautical canvas
With its vermilion directionless murderous memories

#drawings #poetry #poets #artists #art #Poems #originalpoetry #cynipoeti #mermaids

No comments:

Post a Comment